- Born in Antioch, Iskandaron
- studied at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Istanbul 1949-1953, And came to live in Damascus in 1955
- worked in the political administration of the army as the artistic supervisor of its Magazine 1958-1970 and later became Director of Fine Arts in the Ministry of Culture 1970-1979
- practiced the art of mosaics, producing in this medium the facade of the building of the General of Unions of workers syndicates.
- Was a prolific painter who rendered a perspective based on a traditional Arab decorative spirit to achieve a modern art.
- His works are in the National Museum in Damascus, the Ministry of Culture , and in private collections