- Born in Aleppo
- Studied at the Academy of fine arts in Rome. 1954-1960, and pursued his higher education at the academy of fine arts in Paris, 1969-1972.
- Worked in the faculty of fine arts in Damascus as a dean and as a professor until 1993.
- Received many awards and medals of excellence
- Wrote several short stories and poetry books.
- Individual and group exhibtions in Syria the middle east , Europe and the U.S
- Developed his own personalized language as an expressionist, with a special interest in dramatic color and form
- His works are found in the national museum of Damascus and the ministry of culture, the presidential palace and in numerous private collections in Syria and abroad.