- Born in Damascus
- Studied at the Academy of fine arts in Rome 1953-1958 and specialized in decoration and graphic arts at Italian institute .
- Worked as an art teacher in the secondary schools , then as a professor in the oil painting section of the faculty of Fine Arts , Damascus since its establishment in 1960
- Became deputy dean then was dean of the faculty until 1981
- Received numerous awards, among them the Syrian Arab medal of excellence, second degree.
- Began as a expressionist in landscape and still life, then turned to abstraction and was one of the founders of the movement of Arabic lettrism ( based on Arabic calligraphy)
- Individual and group exhibitions in Syria and abroad.
- His works are found in the national museum of Damascus and the ministry of culture and in private collections